- Cleo and Caesar were the early stage names of Cher and Sonny Bono.
- Columbia University is the second largest landowner in New York City, after the Catholic Church.
- David Prowse was the guy in the Darth Vader suit in Star Wars. He spoke all of Vader's lines, and didn't know that he was going to be dubbed over by James Earl Jones until he saw the screening of the movie.
- Did you know that there are coffee flavored PEZ?
- Dogs and cats consume almost $7 billion worth of pet food a year.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- Dr. Samuel A. Mudd was the physician who set the leg of Lincoln's assassin John Wilkes Booth... and whose shame created the expression for ignominy, "His name is Mudd."
- Dr. Seuss pronounced "Seuss" such that it rhymed with "rejoice."
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt."
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats
Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
M. Scott Peck
The unexamined life is not worth living
Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.
Ralph Waldo Emerson