- 2 (6-ounce) pieces center-cut salmon fillet with skin, about 1-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole tarragon leaves
Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Place skin side up and rub 1 1/2 tablespoons softened butter all over the skin of the salmon. Transfer the salmon, buttered side up, to a sheet pan. Chill in the fridge to firm the butter, about 20 minutes.
Preheat the broiler to high.
Place the salmon about 5 inches from the heat source and cook until the skin is crispy and the fish is cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes.