Strawberries in Pinot Noir
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 cup red wine (Pinot Noir)
- 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 cup unbleached granulated sugar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste (optional)
- Makes 2–4 servings
- Trim and cut the berries in half, or in quarters if they are large.
- Combine them in a medium bowl with the sugar and then pour the wine over them and let macerate at room temperature for no more than 1 hour.
- Serve in a bowl or wine glass along with the wine and, if desired, a touch of freshly ground pepper.